Open Show 21 April 2019
Midlands & Northern Rhodesian Ridgeback Club
My thanks to the Committee for the invitation to judge and the exhibitors for their entries at this
very well organised show at this excellent venue. Thanks also to my very efficient stewards Toni and
Jocelyn who kept things running very smoothly. I found temperaments excellent and the majority of
exhibits in good muscular condition.
Minor Puppy Dog (2 – 1Abs)
1. Stevens Msingi Beck N’ Call. Very happy youngster with pleasing head and good
pigmentation. Well balanced angulation with good length of neck and spring of rib.
Well muscled rear, but would like to see more defined ridge and crowns, movement
good in profile but needs time to settle coming and going .
Puppy Dog (5)
1. Grayson-Woods Fiadma Anson Donn at Isiqa. Well put together young male with pleasing
outline. Masculine head and expression, strong neck and good length of back with well
pronounced ridge. Well boned and with good muscle tone, he moves well with good length
of stride. True both coming and going and with correct tail carriage. BPD
2. Bell’s Bodhiroca Mavericks. Well balanced dog with pleasant head and expression, well
bodied with balanced angulation. Good bone and muscle, preferred front of 1 and he is not
as mature as 1.
3. Bull’s Saadani Stormy Image
Junior Dog (5 – 2Abs)
1. Ashmans Patemeliann Red Tarka at Kitaarka. Well built young dog with pleasing head and
expression. Balanced angulation, good depth and width throughout. Well ribbed back with
good top and underline. Moved well in profile striding out well.
2. Jeffery’s Mirengo’s Machinga At Rexgrove. Quite close up to 1 but lost out on maturity.
Similar balance to 1 with good bone and length of back. Good lay of shoulder, depth and
width of chest. Moved well but not with the freedom as 1
3. Bull’s Saadani Stormy Image
Novice Dog (1)
1. Ashmans Patemeliann Red Tarka at Kitaarka. Repeat of Junior.
Graduate Dog (1)
1. Barnards Carlincox First Encounter. Pleasant head and expression, good length of neck into
well laid shoulder and well ribbed back. Well boned and standing on good tight feet. Top line
ok on the move but could be better standing. Movement sound and true.
Post Graduate Dog (1 – 1Abs)
Limit Dog (6)
1. Davies’ Gunthwaite Papa Dont Preach. Lovely class to judge as first two were very closely
matched. Very shapely outline, with pleasing masculine head, strong neck and well laid
shoulder with ample width and depth of chest. Good topline with well defined ridge and
crowns. Moved well with easy stride, sound and true.
2. Davis’ Hesslewell Heartthrob JW Sh.CM. Pleasant head and expression but preferred that of
1. Well boned with ample width of chest and ribcage. Well defined ridge on good length of
back. Movement sound and true.
1. Verrall’s Gunthwaite’s Moonstorm
Open Dog (5 – 1Abs)
1. Craven & Mackfalls Ch Hespa Henry Higgins JW. Typical, presenting a very good outline both
standing and moving. Strong masculine head set on strong neck into well laid shoulder.
Broad, deep chest with good spring of rib and length of back with well defined ridge. Strong
loin, with well muscled rear quarters his rear angulation is well balanced with front. Standing
on good feet he moved well with easy long stride and correct tail carriage. BD & BIS
2. Deacon & Wildings Kiromol Kindred Spirit Sh.CM. Another balanced dog with pleasing head
and expression, good depth and width of chest and well ribbed back. Good bone and
muscle, he moves well but preferred the length of stride of stride and ease of movement of 1.
3. Chavez-Nova’s Carlincox First Impression JW
Veteran Dog (4 – 1Abs)
1. Ashmans Ch Eliack Kito Kijani JW Sh.CM. Quality dog with masculine head, strong neck and
well balanced angulation. Well boned and with good muscle not the largest but everything
in proportion. Good length of back with well defined ridge, strong rear quarters and good
feet. Excellent movement both in profile and coming and going. RBD & BVIS
2. Jefferys Ch Zenzele’s Chase The Ace JW. Well balanced dog with good angulation front and
rear. Good bone and muscle with good length of back and spring of rib. Moved well but
preferred movement of 1.
3. Barnards Neketona Red Maple
Special Veteran Dog or Bitch (10 years or Over) (1)
1. Storey & Phiels’s Ch Kiromol Tallulah Belle JW. Ten year old bitch with feminine head and
expression. Presented in good muscular condition and standing on good feet she has ample
depth and width throughout. Moved very well for her age.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4 – 1Abs)
1. Storey & Phiel’s Kiromol Mandolin Wind. Pleasing feminine head and expression this
promising baby has good length of neck, well ribbed back and balanced angulation.
Standing on good feet she moved well in profile and true coming and going.
2. Lawless’ Kinabula’s Ment To Be For Faahac. Typical, with feminine head and expression
and well balanced angulation. Well boned and with good muscle she needs her topline to
settle. Well defined ridge. Preferred movement of 1.
3. Pearce’s Misingi Not On Your Nelly
Puppy Bitch (2)
1. Harveys Mwanzo Silver Rainbow. Leggy baby with plenty of scope. Pleasing head and
expression and balanced angulation. Good length and depth of ribcage, plenty of bone
and with good muscle. Well defined ridge and crowns. Movement needs to settle
coming and going but good in profile. BPB & BPIS
2. Thompsons Globalridge Red Coral. Shapely and more mature than 1 this puppy has a
lovely feminine head and expression. Well boned, well ribbed back with well defined
ridge. Movement sound but preferred that of 1.
Junior Bitch (4 – 1Abs)
1. Henshall’s Leeurif Jukeba Mshangao Tatu At Suhuba (Imp). Well constructed youngster
with feminine head and expression. Good length of neck and ample depth and width
throughout. Stands on good feet with good straight bone on front legs. Moved well but
not showing herself to best advantage.
2. Hicks Nuthouse Queen Of Clubs. Like 1 not cooperating with her handler, but showing good
movement when she settled. Pleasing outline, good substance and balanced angulation.
Well defined ridge and good tail carriage.
3. Taylors Zeejak Etane
Novice Bitch (2)
1. Thompsons Globalridge Red Coral. Repeat of 2 in Puppy Bitch.
2. Kerr’s Buhera Who Loves Ya Baby. More mature than 1 but not with the balance of 1.
Skull a little broader than I would like, but set on good strong neck and with good length of
back. Strong rear quarters, good bone and well muscled quarters. Movement not as free
Graduate Bitch (4 – 2Abs)
1. Doughty’s Maanhaar Primo-creatus Henrietta For Rubiltra (Imp).Well balanced bitch with
pleasing head and expression. Darkest of eyes giving a lovely soft expression. Good straight
bone in front and good feet. Well laid shoulder and length of back. Good top and underline.
Moved well with good length of stride.
2. Hick’s Nuthouse Queen Of Clubs. Repeat of 2nd Junior Bitch.
Post Graduate Bitch (3 – 1Abs)
1. Nash’s Tokwe Ginvincible With Mutoko. Pleasing head with feminine expression, strong neck
and good length of back with well defined ridge. Well muscled rear quarters with good bend
of stifle. Stands on good feet and with good top and underline. Movement sound and true.
2. Hick’s Nuthouse Some Like It Hot. Very pleasant head set on strong neck. Balanced
angulation and good bone. Ample width and depth throughout, well defined ridge.
Preferred movement and length of 1.
Limit Bitch (8)
1. Forresters Hespa Heart Of Gold. What a lovely class to judge the first three will swap places
throughout the year. Typical head and expression, strong neck and well balanced angulation
front and rear. Pleasing outline with good top and underline, good straight bone of front
legs. Good ridge on ample length of back. Movement free and sound.
2. Davis’ Hesslewell Heartbeat JW. Not quite the bone of 1, but pleasing feminine head, strong
neck and good spring of rib. Ample depth and width of ribcage and length of back. Well
defined ridge and well developed muscle of rear quarters. Movement sound and true.
3. Nash’s Mutoko’s Blaze Of Glory
Open Bitch (9 – 2Abs)
1. Bates Gunthwaites Midnite Swinga BB & RBIS. Nicely balanced quality bitch with very
pleasing head and lovely soft expression. Strongly built with good top and underline, and
length of back. Deep wide chest and well developed ribcage. Well muscled rear quarters
with well let down hock. Well defined ridge, she only lost out to the dog on length of stride.
2. Mannings Fiadma Syleane Kijani. Not as heavily boned as 1 she has a balanced outline and
pleasing feminine head. Good straight front legs, ample length of back with good ridge.
Movement sound in profile but not as good as 1 coming and going.
3. Mansfields Ch Shingwidsi Tshadi Rose
Veteran Bitch ( 3 – 2Abs)
1. Catharell’s Kitoko Mabel. Well balanced bitch with good bone and ample depth and width of
chest and ribcage. Pleasing head and strong neck, good length of back and well defined
ridge. Stands on good feet and in good muscular condition she belies her age when moving
as her profile movement is excellent. RBB
Keith Pursglove (Judge)